Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Trends I'm Loving

As someone who has a limited wardrobe budget, I try to keep my purchases to more timeless and classic pieces that won't go out of style. But I do tend to get some more trendy pieces every season so that my style can be more fun. This season there are a few things I want to, or have added to my closet.

First up, an ankle bootie. Now I already own a pair of gray suede booties that have a good 4 inch heel. But I wanted something with a lower heel and more practical for going out in the lovely Midwestern winter. Knowing this, I decided I could afford to spend some money for some (under $50). Well I was out shopping with my roommates and we stopped by Old Navy. These cute and affordable booties were staring at me. Well I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Say hello to one of my newest purchases. Sure they aren't real leather, but for the price they look great and will hold up for what I need them to do.

Embellished collars are a big thing right now. I'm not a fan of the collar necklaces, but I wanted to be a part of this trend. When making a stop at Marshall's last week, I discovered several tops with cute, unexpected collars. The one I found is a kelly green collar and has a sequined collar in a bronze/gold color. I don't have an exact picture, but this one is close. It's a flattering shape on me and offers options when it comes to what color to wear under the sheer material. This top will be perfect for a night out on the town with my roomies.





I know animal prints are pretty much always in, whether it's leopard, snakeskin, dalmatian, etc. Earlier this year, J.Crew released a bunch of items featuring snakeskin. I really wanted to snatch up one of the sweaters, but my bank account would not allow it. Instead I went searching for an alternative. Again, Marshall's came through for me. I found a Cynthia Rowley cardigan on sale for only $15! It has a great shape that doesn't overwhelm me. The colors are tan, shades of brown, and a little black. I can pair this with many colors and I look forward to doing just that. This isn't the exact sweater, but it's a close replica. 




Now for a list of things I hope to add to my closet for a reasonable price. 

1. High-heel back tall boots
2. Peacoat, preferably in a oxblood or burgundy color
3. I desperately need a new The North Face fleece. Mine is 3 years old and not in the greatest shape.
4. More fun blouses. I'm seriously lacking anything to wear when I go out so a few more options would be welcome. 
5. Scarves, scarves, and more scarves. I love them and they add personality to an otherwise boring outfit. 

Hopefully I can report back soon on even more new purchases and great steals. 

Until next time

AJ



No comments:

Post a Comment